Not really, I hope, but the New York Post story entitled Who will replace Alex Trebek as ‘Jeopardy!’ host? Meet the top candidates has five candidates:
- George Stephanopoulos, the former Clinton White House staffer who is now a television political commentator.
- Betty White, which is based on a joke Trebek made once about a suitable replacement.
- Ken Jennings, the winningest Jeopardy! contestant.
- Laura Coates, a CNN legal analyst talking head.
- Alex Faust, a hockey play-by-play announcer.
Come on, two political talking heads are on the short list? Really?
Clearly, it’s Ken Jennings, right? And the rest of this column was driven by the need to file some column inches, ainna?
Also, is this too soon?