StLToday.com has a quiz right in my wheelhouse. Well, it’s not a quiz; it’s a slide show of the worst Saturday Night Live skits turned into movies.
The quiz portion of it is: “How many of these has Brian J. seen in the theater?”
Here’s the list; I’ve bolded the ones I saw in the theatre.
- It’s Pat: The Movie (but I did read the book which was not the movie book).
- Stuart [Smiley] Saves His Family (I never found Al Franken funny, even after he started doing comedy playing that character in the Senate).
- A Night at the Roxbury (but my friend Scott and I did not dress up for it, as we discussed).
- The Ladies Man with my beautiful wife.
- MacGruber with my beautiful wife. On our anniversary.
I thought one of the films in the slide show would be Superstar! as one of the slides alluded to Molly Shannon’s character, but no. Which is just as well, because I have not seen that at all.
I’m pleased to have gotten a 60% on this quiz because I have a special place in my heart for bad comedies, and most of the Saturday Night Live movies fall into this class.