Since we were just talking about 80s movies, I saw this image on Facebook and thought it would make a good quiz:
I won’t bother to type them all out because I am lazy, but allow me to identify the ones I have not seen and why.
- Friday the 13th: I think in my slasher movie days, which is to say in the days when my friends wanted to see slasher movies or my friend’s father wanted to watch slasher movies so he rented a couple for us when we slept over at his house, that I might have missed the first in the series although I caught most of the middle of the first ten.
- Steel Magnolias because it’s a chick flick and no chick I’ve been with since the 1980s has insisted upon watching it with me.
- Raging Bull which is more of a 70s film according to zeitgeist, ainna? At any rate, I just haven’t come across it cheaply at a book sale or anything.
- Broadcast News because it looked kinda preachy, and I haven’t sought it out.
- Mystic Pizza. See above comment about Steel Magnolias.
- Flashdance. A dancing movie. To be honest, I’ve not seen Footloose either. I guess I dodge movies that look to be dancing movies that were made after, what, 1960?
That’s six movies I’ve not seen out of 36, which is 30 of 36 or 83%.
Not bad since the ones I mentioned are chick flicks and whatnot.
I’ve seen Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure, Weird Science, and Die Hard within the last year. I’m hoping to see The Goonies and Top Gun with my children soon. A couple others on the list I’ll consider revisiting. A couple, like The Evil Dead and Heathers I’ll probably never need to see again. Of the ones I have not seen, Flashdance and Raging Bull are most likely and Friday the 13th is the most likely to not.