Yesterday, we took to various destinations to spend some gift cards gathered during Christmas. The boys and my beautiful wife had gift cards from ABC Books, Barnes and Noble, and Vintage Stock. Me, I mooched on their gift cards or just bought.
Here’s what we got:
- Killer Mine by Mickey Spillane
- The Sword of Genghis Khan by James Dark. It’s part of a series, but I got this, my introduction to it, because it involves a relic from the Mongolian leader. Also, fun fact: There is a Dark side to my family, and it’s not pseudonymbus.
- Of Reading Books, an address or commencement speech from 1929 bound in book form.
- Murder in the Catherdral by T.S. Eliot
- Collections of Aristophanes and Euripedes. But not Genet.
Why, yes, as it happens, while Heather was lingering over the sheet music, I lingered nearby, and that happened to be the drama and books about books section.
I also picked up eighteen of the dollar comics from Vintage Stock, which means I have not yet read my last comic book. Nor, probably, assembled my last comic book storage box.