Well, perhaps it’s not the music library and more the recent purchases.
As I’ve mentioned, my music purchases tend to fall into two camps: Heavy metal and female jazz vocalists.
However, the I recently noted that I’d bought a run of metal:
- Danger Danger Return of the Great Guildersleeves
- Fozzy Judas
- Danger Danger Danger Danger
- Disturbed Indestructible
- Hellyeah Unden!able
- Herb Alpert Music Volume 1
- Bill and Ted’s Bogus Journey Music from the Motion Picture
- All That Remains A War You Cannot Win
- Ozzy Osbourne No More Tears
- Sacha Boutros Live from Hawaii
Well, I recently bought a run of jazz and pop:
- Anna Danes, Find Your Wings
She, like Sacha Boutros, is based in San Diego, which means clearly San Diego is a hotbed of jazz divas.
- Lauren Meccia, In Your Eyes
I have joined the 21st century and have installed Spotify to get introduced to a few more musicians akin to those I already like, so I’ve used it to discover the aforementioned Anna Danes and this artist.
- Anastacia, Heavy Rotation
I already had Freak of Nature based on a friend’s Facebook post. (Another good source of new music: Facebook. Also, old music, like the aforementioned Danger Danger.)
- Rebecca Black, RE/BL
Hey, this salesman won’t take no for an answer.
I also bought the new Imagine Dragons CD, Evolve, but it really doesn’t fit into the two categories listed above.
So clearly I am due to go on a tear and buy a number of new metal CDs. Perhaps the new Rudyard disc.